Follow Me on Twitter

Logo

Logo

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

First What If of the NBA... is about the New York Knicks. What If the Knicks didn't trade for Carmelo Anthony?

by Chris Greenberg from http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/24/carmelo-anthony-62-points-knicks-record_n_4662961.html
     
          Growing up, I never had a favorite basketball team. I was never a fan of the New York Knicks. But since I do live in New York and watch basketball, the Knicks' game were on TV every now and then. I've always thought to myself, where would the Knicks be if they never traded for Carmelo Anthony from the Denver Nuggets? Hey, he's a superstar don't get me wrong, but what were the Knick's goal at the time? Were they trying to build a championship team or just an exciting team with one superstar? Or did they really believed Carmelo alone would make the Knicks an instant title contender?

          Before the trade, the New York Knicks were a playoff team. They had a decent pick and roll players between Raymond Felton and Amar'e Stoudemire. Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler took care of the small forward spot. I guess they didn't believe these players were enough to lead them to a championship. This also brings me back to the David Lee trade. He was a decent post up player who I thought was a core piece of the New York Knicks at the time. The only weakness Lee had was his defense and his only was just growing with rising potential. The year after, they acquired Amar'e Stoudemire, which I guess, was a great upgrade over David Lee. How would the Knick's team look like now if they didn't trade for Carmelo Anthony?

No comments:

Post a Comment